If you have Cats, it isn't your house
How many of you have cats? If you do, then i am sure that you will understand what it is that makes a home no longer your own when they are around. As you can see by my fun little sign here, Cats NEVER serve man. That's just the facts.
Some Unusual Feline Facts
1. Cats can jump up to 5 times its own height in a single bound.
2. Cats can travel at a top speed of approx. 31mph over a short distance.
3. A cat usually has about 12 whiskers on each side.
4. A cat's eye sight is both better and worse than a humans. Better: cats can see in much dimmer lighting and have a wider peripheral view. Worse: cats do not see color as well. ( i am not sure why this is a major down fall. I mean how bad could colorblindness really be for a cat?)
5. A cat's back is extremely flexible because it has up to 53 loosely fitting vertebrae. Humans only have 34.
6. A cat lover is called an Ailurophilia.
7. Cat's heartbeats nearly twice as fast as a humans, at 110-140 beats a minute.
8. Cats do not have sweat glands all over their bodies as humans do. Instead they sweat through their paws.
9. Cats make about 100 different sounds. dogs only make about 10. Cats almost never meow at other cats mostly to humans. They spit, hiss, and purr at other cats. ( some ever growl. some puff up as well.. like the cartoon image of the cat fresh out of the dryer.)
10. During the spanish inquisition, cats were condemned as evil and many were burned. Unfortunately, this lead to an explosion of the rat population, which exacerbated the black death. (guess they shouldn't have burned the cats. and furthermore WHO THE HECK DOES THINGS LIKE THAT!?!?!)
11. Last one. Cats do not like water. we all know this. But why? Well the fact is that a cats fur is not really water resistant. It does not help to insulate them when it is wet! In other words your feline buddy can't keep warm when it's fur is all wet! ( so if you bathe your feline.. be sure the make him or her nice and extra dry. maybe even leave screened in porch open for him or her to get sun and dry up!)
That's all folks! (as they say in the cartoons! I hope that you enjoyed my kitty facts.)